From LINKS Community Center
Publishing Organisation:Twenty First Century Communications, Inc.
Audience experience level
Disaster Management Phase
Three Social Media Steps to Take
- 1. Start Participating
- Set up a Twitter and a Facebook account.
- 2. Build a Following
- Follow local media and citizens on Twitter and they will follow you back. Over time you will build a sizeable Twitter audience.
- Same on Facebook.
- For more tips simply Google “how to build a social media following.
- 3. Start Listening
- In a world deeply integrated with the Internet and social media, conversations that are happening at this very moment can be as easy as setting up a Google Alert for your agency name, city name or county name.
- Google Alerts will notify you each time your name is mentioned online.