From LINKS Community Center
Collection of Helpful Resources
This page provides links to helpful resources that we have identified, i.e. interesting and relevant websites or apps.
- PreventionWeb is a collaborative knowledge sharing platform on disaster risk reduction (DRR), managed by the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR). The site offers a range of knowledge products and services to facilitate the work of DRR professionals.
- Emergency Events Database (EM-DAT)
- The main objective of the database is to serve the purposes of humanitarian action at national and international levels. The initiative aims to rationalise decision making for disaster preparedness, as well as provide an objective base for vulnerability assessment and priority setting. EM-DAT contains essential core data on the occurrence and effects of over 22,000 mass disasters in the world from 1900 to the present day. The database is compiled from various sources, including UN agencies, non-governmental organisations, insurance companies, research institutes and press agencies.
- Social Searcher
- Social Searcher is a free social media search engine, also available for iOS devices at the App Store
- Favourite Social Media Platforms / Gender and Age
- Global Social Media Stats
- The 2022 Social Media Demographics Guide
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC)
- For potentially destructive earthquakes, the EMSC operates an Earthquake Notification Service in which email/SMS/fax are disseminated to the registered end-users within 20–30 minutes on average after the earthquake occurrence. It also provides an app including a report option for citizens (available for iOS and Android).
- Dürremonitor Deutschland – Drought Monitor Germany (in German)
- Earthquake Monitor Istituto Nazionale Geofisica e Vulcanologia, Italy (in Italian)
Risk Mapping & Warning
- Information for the Lombardia Region, Italy
- Weather radar, Italy
- Weather warnings, Germany
- European Flood Awareness System
- European Drought Observatory
- European Forest Fire Information System
Emergency Response Coordination
- ERCC – European Response Coordination Centre
- EADRCC – Euro-Atlantic Disaster Response Coordination Centre
- GDACS – Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System
- Resilience and Disaster Risk Management Learning Lab
- In partnership with the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR), the World Bank has, over the past decade, emerged as a global leader in assessing exposure to hazards and addressing disaster risks. Drawing on our accumulated experience and expertise, these virtually facilitated and self-paced courses are designed to enhance your knowledge as a resilience and disaster risk management professional.